Sunday, December 22, 2019

Zara my baby

I have not posted here for some time, seems I use this site as a place to share love and loss.  Two years ago we also loss our sweet cat of eighteen years Benu, my writings of him have been in a book somewhere... and now my Zara, my frenchie of fourteen years has now crossed over the rainbow bridge.  We were not prepared as death came for her in the night, we did our best to help her survive, yet not wanting a vibrant girl to suffer, we helped her go, held her as she gave us a sweet snore, listened to the heart stop and felt the spirit release.   I fell childless as she was my shadow, treated me as one of her puppies, following me everywhere and always concerned that I would make good choices.  We do not know what happens when all is done, faith in hope that she is with me and to one day unite in the physical.  Grief, love that has no where to go, I walk on without her, stumbling to find what that means to no longer have my baby girl Zara, love does live as it transforms, but oh the longing to hold, to kiss, rips you apart.  Be happy, be safe, be you, my Zara, I will miss you all my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers