Tuesday, October 20, 2009

memorial speech for the passing of my moma

She was Clare to those who knew her, yet to me she was moma. When I was a child she wanted me to have a taste of everything. So here came the horses, music and dance lessons. All these things she loved, she had a plan, to give me all of it, so I held on for the ride. She made me a tough girl, One ex. was our first Arabian Stallion, first show, moma twisted her ankle and she chose me as the back up girl to show this young arabian stallion. So off my parents went to the hospital and there I was a 9 year old child in the ring with a very excited, spirited, arabian stallion. I have memories of bystanders giving me words of encouragement and a little confusion... Why is this 9 year old child with a stallion and where are her parents? She believed in me even then and in that moment taught me I could overcome any challenge. Then there was the piano lessons, I hated practice and fought her the entire way, yet she always said you hate it no, but you'll thank me later... and I must say she was right! I gave it up and I do wish I had stuck to it... What did stick was the dance lessons, yet I fought her on that one too... I loved my first little dance school, yet when she saw me as a kitty cat, It would not do, so she researched and found the best Ballet School in the state, Drug me in there and as it turned out, I loved it, then off to Julliard at 15, and I enjoyed a professional career for 25 plus years. I became what she had dreamed of for herself, a dancer. She taught me how to be strong, successful, live every moment and never give up. To know she was proud of me meant everything! She lived life, lived it her way. Stubborn at times, yet underneath it all there was so much love. When she slowed down and was just there with you, her spirit and touch was so calming and sweet. In her final days, we saw and felt the beauty of that love and I will forever be engulfed in it. I honor of her, this dance is for you Moma...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers